Hello everybody! It’s been a while. All 70-something of you who decided to follow my very random blog are in a for a treat with this announcement… I have my very first big kid job! This is a very big, positive step in my life. However, it definitely addresses many insecurities I have. I’ll throw out some pros and cons..
– I can live at home while I pay of all the thousands of student loans I have. And because I don’t have a credit card or car payment, this is a good thing.
– The winery business is very strong in my area, so I do believe there is room for growth.
– I know I will be in the same place for (at least) one year.
– I have a car to drive here, so I won’t be spending a ton of $$ on gas.
– I would have to live at home. It doesn’t make sense to move out if I work in the same town. :(
– I have no social life here, so it will be a struggle to make new friends.
– I really, really have to learn many facets of the wine industry at a rapid pace.
– I’ll be on my feet for 7 hours a day, 5-6 days a week.
So this really does come as a shock to my system. I never thought I would be living at home after college and I haven’t decided if I am okay with this yet. I’m hoping to have enough to pay off my student loans, but I’m also hoping that I can move out within the next year, so I’ll have some independence.
What do you think? xo